How long has it been since you have smiled with confidence? Porcelain veneers can easily give you the confident smile you deserve. Many offices offer dental veneers, however, it takes years of experience, and a critical eye for smile design to help you achieve an excellent result. Dr. Yolanda Cruz has trained with some of the world’s best cosmetic dentists so that he can offer our patients his best when it comes to porcelain veneers! The entire dental veneer procedure usually takes two visits to our clinic. Make sure you look at our smile gallery to see how our patients’ lives have been improved with porcelain veneers!
How do I know the number of teeth that need to be treated?
Looking in the mirror and seeing what shows is the best start. Based on this, it is not uncommon that 8-10 upper teeth need to be treated for a smile. Some patients need 2 or 4 veneers. The decision is solely up to you. Our experienced dentist can help you determine how many teeth are in need of dental veneers at your free initial consultation.
What is the cost?
For an entire smile, fees are quoted on an individual basis depending upon the patient’s specific needs. The fee for porcelain veneers will depend on the complexity of your plan and choice of materials. Many of our patients have chosen low interest financing to make getting their veneers affordable.
How long will my porcelain veneers last?
Porcelain veneers are made of very durable, stain resistant porcelain that shines just like your natural teeth. With minimal home care and regular visits to your hygienist, they will last you many years without needing replacement or touch-up work.
If you would like to schedule a FREE cosmetic consultation, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!
Tooth Colored Fillings
Need a cavity filled, but don’t want a mouthful of metal? Dr. Yolanda Cruz uses composite resin, a natural-looking, tooth-colored alternative to unsightly silver fillings. Composite resin is a tough, plastic material that is simple to apply and virtually impossible to detect. Dr. Yolanda Cruz precisely matches it to the your natural tooth color. It is then placed into the tooth cavity and exposed to a special light that causes it to harden rapidly. The end result – a filling so natural looking that only you and Dr. Yolanda Cruz will know it’s there!
If you would like to schedule a FREE consultation with Dr. Yolanda Cruz to find out what tooth colored fillings can do for you, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!
Extractions (wisdom teeth)
Your wisdom teeth cause more problems than any other tooth in the mouth. They will either partially break the gum tissue and grow in crooked or remain “impacted” underneath the gum. In 90% of us, at least one tooth remains underneath the gum causing future problems of varying degrees. Even if you have no symptoms now, headaches, earaches, pain in the face, neck, throat and teeth can occur if impacted wisdom teeth are not removed. Sometimes other teeth are so damaged that they can’t be repaired. If they stay in your mouth long enough, pain and infection will worsen the problem. Our experienced team can easily get you comfortable.
To book a FREE Extraction consultation, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!
Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is an very effective way to save damaged teeth. When teeth become damaged or infected, the nerves can die, leading to possible tooth loss. Root canal therapy removes the nerves, and then a crown is placed over the tooth to help reinforce & strengthen it. The procedure is done under anesthesia. A lot of pain and a host of future problems can be eliminated by undergoing root canal therapy.
To book a FREE Root Canal consultation, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!
Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
Have you been told you need gum surgery? Maybe you don’t! There are new miracles in the non-surgical treatment of gum disease that often enable us to treat cases easily and comfortably with non-surgical treatment that would otherwise require gum surgery. With Dr. Yolanda Cruz’s non-surgical hygiene therapy, in a short a few appointments, a visit to the periodontist for gum surgery can usually be avoided.
To find out if you are a non-surgical gum therapy candidate, pleasecall us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and book your FREE consultation!
TMJ Treatment & Bite Therapy
Do you suffer from tenderness in your jaw muscles, limited jaw opening, jaws that get stuck, unexplained headaches or facial pain, joint clicking or grating? Chances are you may be one of the sixty million North Americans who have a condition called temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
Temporomandibular joints (TMJ) are the muscles and joints used to open and close your mouth. TMJ disorders can be caused by injury to the face and jaw regions, bite problems, clenching your jaw, grinding teeth, whiplash, and even poor posture resulting in damage to the joints or misalignment. Facial, tooth and ear aches as well as “clicking” in the jaw, headaches, back, neck and shoulder pain can occur.
There’s no simple prescription for TMJ problems. Restoring your jaw’s harmony may require several different kinds of treatments to reduce muscle tension, regain a stable bite, and/or heal your jaw joints. Types of treatment include physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medication, and bite guards. In more serious cases, where severe pain is persistent, surgery may be necessary.
If you would like to schedule a FREE TMJ consultation with Dr. Yolanda Cruz please contact us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form.
TMJ Signs & Symptoms
There are many signs and symptoms of TMJ syndrome, not all necessarily present in all cases. The most common include:
- headaches, particularly present upon awakening
- tenderness of the jaw muscles
- pain or difficulty in chewing, yawning or opening wide
- jaws that “get stuck” or “lock” – Loss of the full range of jaw motion
- earache or pain when no infection is present
- tooth grinding, or bruxism, especially during sleep
- excessive tooth wear
- neck aches, and migraines
- pain in or around the ear, that often spreads to the face
- clicking, popping or grating when opening or closing the mouth
- teeth that become loose or even fall out
My TMJ isn’t bothering me at the moment, can I safely ignore it?
No, you can’t. Even a mild case of TMD can get worse. We recommend that you have your symptoms evaluated and your condition accurately diagnosed by Dr. Yolanda Cruz as soon as possible in order to minimize and prevent further damage.
Are there treatments for TMD?
Yes. Dr. Yolanda Cruz offers a range of TMD treatments, for both the jaw muscles and any tooth damage.
What does treatment consist of?
Treatment can be as simple as wearing a night-time splint (Bite Therapy), or as extensive as reconstructing your bite with crowns. Call Dr. Yolanda Cruz to find a solution that is just right for you.
How long does treatment take?
This depends on the type of problem you have. In some cases, your TMD can be treated in as little as one or two dental visits. However, sometimes treatment can take significantly longer.
What causes jaw joint problems?
They can be caused by poorly done dental work, injury to the head, chronic tooth grinding (which can also be a symptom), and developmental or genetic factors. It can be aggravated by stress as well. The causes are not fully understood.
How does Bite therapy work?
- The splint is designed to allow the jaw joints to fully relax without the teeth interfering. The splint provides solid contacts of the teeth all of the way around the arch at the proper relationship of the joints t and muscles with the bite. When the joints are able to seat and the teeth are able to completely meet all of the way around simultaneously, then harmony in the system is re-established. In essence, the splint is giving you an artificial perfect bite.
- Muscle relaxation of the chewing muscles is possible when there is harmony in the bite/joint system. When the bite relationship and the joint fully seated positions are coordinated, then the opening and closing muscles of the chewing system are able to function in a more relaxed state. However, when there is an in-coordination between the teeth and the jaw joint, then the muscles have to intervene to support the discrepancy. This creates increased muscle activity and can eventually lead to muscle spasm and muscle tension headaches. The splint is able to eliminate all interference’s of the teeth and relieve stress in the jaw joint and muscles.
- So our fore-most goal is that you will experience a tremendous improvement in your comfort level as a re-establishing a balanced system
- Utilizing splint therapy also provides for us a diagnostic aid in evaluating the problem itself. Splint therapy allows us to clarify the overall picture. Often, for instance, the majority of the pain may be coming from muscles. Through splint therapy we may be able to relax the muscles, we may find a high degree of relief of symptoms. With stress being reduced to the joints, we may find the joints become comfortable.
- In order for splint therapy to be maximally effective it will be necessary for you to comply with a few guidelines. With the goal of splint therapy being to re-coordinate the properly positioned joints and bite relationship, then the splint must be worn at night and for some people during the day as well. It also takes time for corrective changes to occur with the body. We would expect utilizing splint therapy on a full time basis; anywhere between two to four months. It is sometimes necessary to utilize splints for longer periods of time in specific situations.
One of the first things people notice about you is your smile. We also know that a great smile can make a great impression. When you see someone with a brilliant, dazzling smile, it catches your attention. To help patients achieve a beautifully white smile, Dr. Yolanda Cruz features the Zoom! teeth whitening system, which can leave teeth dramatically whiter after just one hour.
Teeth whitening is a successful option for over 90% of patients, and teeth stained from coffee, tea, red wine and smoking can be improved easily with Zoom 2 whitening.
To book a FREE whitening consultation, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!
Dr. Yolanda Cruz is certified in pill, nitrous oxide and conscious sedation ( “Twilight Dentistry”). For those needing more, we have a certified Dental Anesthesia Specialist on site for your comfort to perform safe IV Sedation and General Anaesthesia.
What is it?
Once you’ve experienced sedation dentistry with Dr. Yolanda Cruz, you’ll probably never be afraid to go to the dentist again. Nearly 50% of us feel nervous or uncomfortable about having dental work done.
Relax …You’re in great hands! At our dental practice, we have dedicated ourselves to making patients feel comfortable and at ease during dental exams and procedures. If you need multiple dental services, wouldn’t it be great if you could have that work done in 1 or 2 appointments instead of 5 or 6 appointments…. with minimal memory of that experience? No wonder so many patients say: “Sedation dentistry changed my life.”
If you are someone who hasn’t been to the dentist in years because of fear and anxiety, we are committed to providing you with a safe and relaxing dental experience. Patients have been coming to us for years to receive their dental care under sedation. If you would like to schedule a FREE sedation dentistry consultation, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly !
Who is a candidate?
Candidates for sedation dentistry are people who have fear or anxiety about dental treatments; those who have trouble getting numb, have an active gag reflex, or very sensitive teeth; or those who hate the shots, smells, noises and tastes associated with dental treatment. It is also effective for people who are embarrassed about their teeth, or who want to take care of multiple dental problems in just one visit.
You may be a candidate if you have:
- Dental phobia
- Dental anxiety
- a sensitive gag reflex
- a previous traumatic experience
- extra sensitive teeth
- difficulty getting numb
- difficulty keeping your mouth open
- hate noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- hate needles and shots
- need extensive work or multiple procedures at one time
- have a very busy schedule
- are embarrassed about your teeth
Is it safe?
Sedation has safely been used for over 30 years. Dr. Yolanda Cruz will monitor you closely while under sedation.. It has been researched extensively and found to be as safe as taking a sleeping pill once in a while. The dosages used are far below the recommended dosages of the medication.
Types of Sedation
- Nitrous Oxide – Nitrous Oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a pain relieving and sedating gas that is combined with oxygen to make patients more comfortable during dental care.
- Oral or “pill” Sedation – Before starting a dental procedure, you are given a small pill. You will remain awake throughout the procedure, but you will have a drifting feeling and sometimes fall into a light sleep, and have little or no memory of the procedure afterward. Oral conscious sedation is good for longer, more complicated dentistry. The pill’s effects can last up to six hours, and side effects are extremely rare. With oral conscious sedation, you must be driven home by a companion after treatment is complete.
- Intravenous or IV Conscious Sedation – Under the close supervision of our doctors and registered nurse, a sedative enters your bloodstream via simple intravenous techniques. You will remain conscious during IV sedation at our office. Also, you will be able to respond and understand requests made by our doctor. You will be in a state of extreme relaxation. The best part is that you will have no memory of the procedure. This is also known as “twilight” or “sleep” dentistry.
- General Anesthesia – This type of anesthesia is administered by a board certified anesthesiologist and usually most or all of your dental treatment will be completed in 1 visit. You are “completely out” and monitored very closely. With this option, no needles or freezing are needed. Again, medications are administered via intravenous and/or inhalation techniques.
Dr. Yolanda Cruz says “Many patients call us because of their sensitive teeth. Most say they’ve have had years of teeth sensitivity, and are just fed up!
We offer simple and effective relief for our patients: I coat on a new type of clear-looking gel onto the sensitive areas of the teeth. This takes only a couple of minutes and is totally comfortable. The most common response I get is “The cold water doesn’t bother me anymore, Doc!” If the sensitivity is being caused by something else, we usually figure that out right away and offer an easy solution.”
If you would like to schedule a FREE consultation, please call us today or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly.
Teeth whitening can refresh and brighten your smile. There are two basic methods a cosmetic dentist can use for tooth whitening. We offer Zoom! Professional Teeth Whitening System, an in-office laser treatment that allows you to walk out of our practice in one hour with the results you deserve. For those that prefer at home teeth whitening, Dr. Yolanda Cruz also provides a tray whitening system that has proven to be successful for our patients. A custom-made mouth tray is created for you. Then, at home, you place whitening gel into the tray. You’ll then wear the gel-filled tray either all night, or for one hour each day. Teeth-whitening can greatly improve the appearance of your smile by removing stains caused by soda, coffee, tea and smoking.
To book a FREE whitening consultation , please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!.
At the Toronto dental office of Dr. Cruz we offer everyone a FREE consultation for any of our cosmetic or general dentistry treatments. This means a free opportunity to discuss having a complete smile makeover or individual cosmetic dental treatments such as teeth whitening, white filling, porcelain veneers or crown, cosmetic denture, dental implant, sedation etc.
To book a FREE consultation, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!
If you’re missing one or more teeth, you may be aware of their importance to your appearance and chewing ability. Your teeth work together to help you eat, speak and smile. When you are missing teeth, it’s difficult to do these things and your remaining teeth slowly drift out of position. One way to replace missing teeth is to use a fixed dental bridge. Bridges are made up of one or more artificial teeth supported by crowns on either end. They are fixed in place and are extremely secure. Dr. Yolanda Cruz will custom fit your bridge to ensure that it fits comfortably and blends naturally with the adjacent teeth.
If you would like to schedule a FREE consultation with Dr. Yolanda Cruz to learn more about whether you are a good candidate for a bridge, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!
Custom cosmetic dentures are natural looking ways to fill gaps in your smile caused by missing teeth. They can be made without clasps so no one will know you’re even wearing them! Our custom crafted dentures can be used to replace one or several teeth, and the results are fantastic. They help with chewing, give support to your facial muscles, help speech, and stabilize adjacent teeth. Restore your beautiful smile with dentures customized for you by Dr. Yolanda Cruz!
To book a FREE custom denture consultation , please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!
Are you looking for a quick way to rejuvenate yourself? Dental bonding is a simple way to improve the appearance of your smile without teeth whitening, porcelain veneers or dental implants. Dental bonding uses a natural-looking material to fill in gaps between teeth, get rid of dark fillings and to repair chips and cracks.
Bonding of teeth does not usually require the removal of any healthy tooth structure. The composite resin material used for tooth bonding comes in many different shades so it can be matched precisely to the color of your teeth. The result is a natural-looking means of restoring your smile that can be completed in a single appointment.
If you would like to schedule a FREE consultation, please call us today at 416-595-5490 (Downtown Toronto Location) or 647-951-8888 (Etobicoke Location) or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly.
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten teeth without braces. With the help of advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to project tooth movement, we create a series of clear, custom-made invisible aligners to gradually move your teeth. You wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving to the next set, until your teeth are aligned. It’s that easy! Invisalign® invisible braces take the hassle and unattractiveness out of straightening one’s teeth, making great alignment a possibility for adults of all ages. Unlike metal braces, the whole invisalign® process usually takes less than one year. The aligners can be removed to eat, brush and floss making this procedure a healthier and less cumbersome alternative to braces.
If you would like to schedule a FREE Invisalign consultation with Dr. Yolanda Cruz, please call us today or fill out our quick contact form and one of our experienced team members will contact you shortly!